Monday, January 14, 2008

Whatever you do...keep your eye SHUT!

After boarding on Saturday, I had some time to kill before Kevin got back from hunting/snowmobiling. I heated up some wax and attempted to wax my own eyebrows for the first time. Now isn't that a fantastic intro to this short story! This could go in so many directions!
Well, I heated up the wax and was really careful to test the temperature first and what not. Then I smeared wax over my right eye; I was scared. I couldn't really see if I had covered all of the area, so I opened my right eye to have a better look. IDIOT! All of my lashes immediately got sucked into the hot goop of wax quickly hardening above my eye.
Think fast Jessica! Think fast! I quickly separated my lashes from the main section of wax and yanked it off of my eye. OUCH! No time to think about the pain. I dunked my wax covered lashes under the faucet, trying to heat the wax on my lashes up. I gently pulled, twisted, and plucked the wax from my lashes. When I was all done, I was missing a section of my lashes. Lesson learned.....when waxing your own eyebrows.....keep your eye SHUT!

2 comments:

TheStewside said...

Waxing is crazy and so are those that do it.

TR said...

Ouch! I've waxed before. Twice. But let's just keep that between us.