Thursday, January 17, 2008

To sled or not to sled?

Growing up in SC I didn't have many sledding opportunities, but in the winter of 98' there was just enough snow to head to the biggest hill we could find in that there parts of the south and take a shot at sledding.
This is when I learned that sledding wasn't very fun. The 5 second thrill of being completely out of control wasn't worth the hike back up to the top. To make matters worse, I slipped and fell while trying to climb back up the hill and a 6 inch piece of metal stabbed me in my knee. When I turned over and looked down, I saw the piece of metal sticking out of my snow pants. It took a bunch of stitches and a very inconvenient urgent care center wait to repair the damage.
I had formed an opinion- I hated sledding. The only semi-positive sledding experience I've had since that time, was in 2005 when I took my mom to Soldier's Summit. They tow your rear end to the top of the hill each time. (Pics below)

No comments: