Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowboarding Adventures

I met my friend Jenny (fellow wrangler from Zion Ponderosa) last Saturday at the mouth of Big Cottonwood canyon for an awesome day at Snowbird. There was so much snow! Even the groomers had 6 inches of powder on them. By 2pm we were both wore out and called it a day. I was just glad there were no injuries. A few weeks ago, an out of control snowboarder jumped a natural feature in the middle of a run, lost control of his landing and he crashed into me, sending me to the ski patrol office. My elbow still hurts and my helmet has a nice gash on the top of it. Two weeks after that incident, my brother in law, Jorge, took a bad fall and cracked/bruised a couple of ribs. Needless to say...I was due for a drama free day on the slopes.

This picture is of me and co-workers, Doug Long, Mike Dover, and Brad Stewart at Sundance, the day I got hurt.


No comments: