Friday, September 07, 2007

Run Forrest Run!

I have definitely regressed in my running abilities since high school cross country, but I hit a mile mark today. I've had knee trouble since 05' and it got a lot worse in the last year so my runs are always cut short with knee pain and I end up walking a lot. I've been running/walking a 2.5 mile loop everyday but could never run after this long downhill slope that killed my knees. So I came up with a plan......knee braces. I look and feel like Forrest Gump, but a miracle happened! My knees didn't hurt until the last little bit. I finished the loop for the first time without walking. I feel like a cripple now and can barely walk down stairs, but I did it! I never thought I'd be excited to run 2.5 miles, but then again I never thought I'd have bad knees at 24. : )

No comments: