Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Locked out

Today started out like a normal day. Kevin left for work and I set out for a run. I grabbed Kevin’s keys instead of mine, and when I got back from running I had 10 minutes to get ready and get out the door. The house key on Kevin’s key ring wouldn’t fit. I started to freak out a little bit. Here I was in running shorts and a soaking wet t-shirt locked out of the house. What were my options? I’m pretty good at breaking in if I have a credit card or library card so I thought I’d start there. I searched Kevin’s truck for anything thin and plastic. Nothing. Blast. Next option…..I could drive to Kevin’s parents house, and see if they have a spare key, or spare change of clothes I could work in; then I looked at the clock 8am- they were surely already at work. Think Jessica- THINK! Kevin said he was working for an hour or so in Springville and I thought I knew the neighborhood they have been working in, so I jumped in his truck, wiped the sweat off of my forehead and started searching for his work van. It didn’t take long before I found him. Thank goodness he was outside. I would have died if I would have met his co-workers for the first time wearing running shorts, a shirt with sweaty pits and a nice sweat mark running down my back. Sweet Kevin met me at the house, and after a few minutes of battling with the 1950’s lock and key….we were in! Whew! I was so relieved I didn’t have to show up to work in my sweaty running clothes and nappy bed head.

No comments: