Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Adventures of the Mom and Dad

My parents just got back from Mexico/Guatemala. They toured around all of the historical sites and archaeological digs that support the stories in the Book of Mormon. John Lund, a prominent LDS church historian was their personal tour guide. The fact my parents went on this trip is not the least bit surprising to me, but I was shocked when they reported the 9 zip line rides they took through the jungle. My mom said, "I was standing in the top of this tree, well more like hugging this tree and I look over and there are monkeys swinging from tree to tree. That's when you know you are not where you are suppose to be." Mom is scared....no petrified of heights, so I was proud of her for facing her fear and allowing some adventure in. They seemed to enjoy their time there and are planning a trip with John Lund to Israel next year.

No comments: