Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr!

The weather has turned quite bitter here in Utah Valley as of late. James, Courtney, and I went riding down by Santaquin on Saturday, and it was the coldest ride of my life. When we finally got back to the trailer and dismounted I realized my feet were completely frozen. Ok, maybe only my boots, but they were literally frozen stiff in the position I'd ridden in. Anyone who has ever jumped off of a horse in cold weather knows of the shooting pains I experienced when my feet made contact with the ground. Ouch! I waddled like a duck around as I unsaddled and put Dollar's blanket back on him. He's pretty miserable too. The icicles hanging from his whiskers have now been there for 4 days and I can’t keep the water troughs busted up. I hear it is the upper 60’s in SC.
Things I enjoy about this weather:
-Watching people slide around the roads is really fun and exciting to me
-Obviously snowboarding
-The feeling of taking a hot shower and rediscovering my hands and feet
-Making snow cream for Utah natives who have more snow than they know what to do with but somehow never thought to make it into the amazing dessert we southerners love
-Sleeping in hoodies and sweatpants
-The way the mountains look covered in white
-Wearing my favorite green hat (I know it's not stylish, but it's my favorite hat-enough said)
-Saying "nice toboggan" and watching the confusion
(BTW- Toboggan is what you westerners call a beanie, a sled is, well, a sled)
-Cuddling (I miss you Amanda!)
-Seeing my breath and quoting Sanka in “Cool Runnings”

No comments: