Thursday, March 06, 2008

Walk, Trot.......Canter!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and went to my friend’s work to ride Dollar in the heated indoor arena. I absolutely love the facility! It has multiple barns with heated wash racks, tack rooms, and probably 40 stalls. I went and got Dollar out of his paddock and headed over to the arena. He did really well. For my horse wise friends, I’m trying to teach Dollar to canter/lope. The first 2 years I had Dollar I was teaching him to walk and not runaway. Now I’m trying to get him to break out of his speedy trot into a controlled canter. He is slightly gaited and cantering is so unnatural to him. He’s doing really well on his left lead, but he kept picking up a cross canter on his right lead. He’s so funny and I love to see him learn new things. He’s such a cuddly horse and always wants to be right with you. I felt so energized when I got to work after such a fun morning riding. Here are a few pictures of my buddy Dollar.




2 comments:

slb said...

Those keeping score will remember that Dollar was almost sold for glue and dog food. Thanks Michael.

*The Johnson's* said...

Jess! I miss you're face. And I miss Dollar :) I won't forget how frustrated you were when we went riding and Dollar would not just walk! He loves to trot that little stinker. Well I hope you're doing good. We should go horseback riding sometime soon!