Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The "Stare" Machine

My favorite machine at the gym is the rotating stair machine (aka stare machine). Not only does it give me an awesome workout, it puts me high above everyone else at the gym and provides the perfect people watching/staring location. While on the “stare” machine I don’t even need headphones or a magazine because the entertainment is already provided. I love watching people and try to imagine what they are like. Now I know I could really write a fun story about the guy with the mullet or the girl wearing the see through spandex pants and the sweat bands, but this post is actually inspired by a teenage girl running on a treadmill. She was about average size, but she was making this horrible loud pounding sound and her machine was rocking wildly about. She would just slam her feet down with each stride. It just looked so awkward and painful. My knees always hurt after about a mile and it got me thinking….do I run like that? I was really curious at this point….how do I run? Like the girl stomping on the treadmill? Like Phoebe Buffay? I would really like someone to tell me, but please do it kindly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that episode of Friends. Pheobe cracks me up. If I ever see you running I'll be sure to tell you if you run like her.

House of Smiths said...

SO FUNNY... I love friends. I'm sure you don't run like either of these girls. lol

TheStewside said...

That is one of the best episodes. I love it.