Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A new season

We’re right on the cusp of winter. As my body adjusts to the cold, I spend every day sitting at my desk, wrapped in a fleece blanket. I’m freezing. Even at midday, there is a chill in the air. This has been a hard couple of days for me. I just flew back from SC on Sunday. I’m always a little sad when I leave “home” and fly west, but I’m over it before the plane flies over the Rockies. This time was different. The realization finally hit me. “Home” is now Utah. SC is just where I grew up. As happy as I am being married and as much as I love Utah, I feel as if part of me is lost. The cultures are just so different. Whenever we make decisions, no matter how wonderful they are, there are always sacrifices attached.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! we kinda did the opposite of eachother..me going east and you going west. I still am not used to it, and still miss home and feel like part of me is missing. Love ya

martha

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I feel the same way. Part of me is still missing, and I have been here for 3 years!