Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

So I made it to 24. My body aches and I’m much more tired today than yesterday; I will attribute these symptoms of an aging body to the softball games I played last night and the gobs of Italian food and chocolate cake I just ate, not to being a year older.

For some reason I’m happier today than I’ve been on recent birthdays. Maybe it’s the great friends in my life, the handsome guy who sent me flowers, or the way it feels to be full of Italian food and chocolate cake. Yes….life is great!
So if any of you have read my "poetry" you know I hate rhyming and seldom do. However, I decided to be crazy and write a poem about being little in the same rhyming style I wrote poems when I was little. Enjoy!

Little Dirty Mitts:
I talked to the wind as she traveled by.
I saw wild horses and dreamed I could fly.
I played outside with out a single care.
I loved to smell each flower as I placed them in my hair.
I spoke to the birds and listened to the trees.
I crawled with the ants and ran from the bees.
I named the purple flowers and had tea with the squirrels.
Oh how I miss the joys of being a little girl.

1 comment:

S.T. Lewis said...

I love your poem. I choose to sing it now. 'Twill be grand.